Tuesday, 12 March 2013

The Art of Relaxing……….

Update on my developing skill set:
a) long leisurely breakfast, fresh fruit, pineapple pancake with honey, toast and jam, orange juice and Lombok coffee.
b) Slow cycle around the lanes of the islands, off road down tracks past cattle, women carrying buckets of goods on their heads, children in Muslim white at the school, babies bathing in buckets, men diving offshore with no equipment and bringing their catch of (very )large fish up for the family.
c) Swim in hotel pool. Sunbath. More swim.
d) Carrot/beet/ginger juice in beachfront café, whilst using wi-fi and admiring the sands and clear waters……………..
Rush Hour on Gili Air
Tomorrow I shall walk along the beach around the entire island. I could go ‘island hopping’ but Gili Air is a paradise of unspoilt lands and beaches, with little development other than by the jetty here where I am typing…at night, when darkness falls, there is total silence, apart from the wildlife……..and I’m ‘tuning’ them out now for peace of mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment