Well, it may have been painful, but it worked! The Balinese white sand massage cured my aching muscles…for the first time in weeks I awoke pain-free!!
I’m sure only temporary, but who cares, it’s a marvel.
Bursting with new found energy, I cycled off this morning to Serengan Island, determined to find the beach this time. Not only did I find it, but I also found the turtle conservation sanctuary; sponsored by WWF and the Government, where turtles of all ages and varieties, tiny wee babies to the massive 5 year old I’m talking to in the picture.
The island village had a street of stalls, so I braved one. This time the veggie option was a wonderful dish of steamed rice, veg with nuts and beans, and an ice tea to complete lunch, 9,000 rupees (um, well if 50,000 is about £3.50, so no very much…).
And I was given a dish of water to wash my fingers!
The ‘toilet’ facilities are shared between the stalls, and not western, obviously, but I’ve now been away so long I don’t mind, my standards have changed so completely, and there is always a sink and soap in the stalls to ensure a good wash.
Back for a much needed swim-temp has shot up again, and is now back to 40 degrees plus, with not a cloud in the sky. And then off to the very end of the beach front pathway, cycling beside posh hotels, stalls selling souvenirs, market traders, fishermen, high end restaurants and bike food vendors. Pic shows me looking exhausted!
Back to the street food for supper, a tofu slice from the beach vendor, and then two gorgeous, incredibly fattening, fried coconut balls from the ‘bakery’.
I made a detour enroute back to the market at Sindhu, and browsed the stalls, buying body lotion and iced tea, It made the cycle back rather scary-the light wasn’t very bright, everyone drives their motorbike, car or whatever wherever they want to go, regardless of the road, no one uses a mirror…very relieved to return in one piece.
I’m sure only temporary, but who cares, it’s a marvel.
Bursting with new found energy, I cycled off this morning to Serengan Island, determined to find the beach this time. Not only did I find it, but I also found the turtle conservation sanctuary; sponsored by WWF and the Government, where turtles of all ages and varieties, tiny wee babies to the massive 5 year old I’m talking to in the picture.
The island village had a street of stalls, so I braved one. This time the veggie option was a wonderful dish of steamed rice, veg with nuts and beans, and an ice tea to complete lunch, 9,000 rupees (um, well if 50,000 is about £3.50, so no very much…).
And I was given a dish of water to wash my fingers!
The ‘toilet’ facilities are shared between the stalls, and not western, obviously, but I’ve now been away so long I don’t mind, my standards have changed so completely, and there is always a sink and soap in the stalls to ensure a good wash.
Back for a much needed swim-temp has shot up again, and is now back to 40 degrees plus, with not a cloud in the sky. And then off to the very end of the beach front pathway, cycling beside posh hotels, stalls selling souvenirs, market traders, fishermen, high end restaurants and bike food vendors. Pic shows me looking exhausted!
Back to the street food for supper, a tofu slice from the beach vendor, and then two gorgeous, incredibly fattening, fried coconut balls from the ‘bakery’.
No comments:
Post a Comment