Saturday, 16 February 2013

Thrivandrum - Day 2

Saturday-not poisoned yet!

Somewhat to my surprise, I am not ill! The heat is intense again, and the surf massive, the lifeguards have closed it for swimming, and there’s no room even for sun beds…

I went again off to the city, this time discovering the maze of bazaars and markets to the rear of East Fort, the central bus stop, and also the discount supermarket….
It’s a weird system, you buy, pay, and then have your items checked off one by one and packed again…

I treated myself to a rickshaw the 4 kms to the zoo, not because I’m a fan of them, in fact the opposite, but having seen Life of Pi in Goa, I wanted to see where it was based.
Despite the primitive caged conditions, the colourful gardens were swarming with children and families, and I had fun…see pic of me assuming position in the hippo enclosure…feel like one after so much fried food.

The city is great fun, I’ve found the Indian Coffee House-or at least one of them, and had the usual hot coffee served by waiters in full regalia, and so many chai I’ve lost count-at one shack I was given poor and fried bananas gratis by an elderly gentleman who insisted I must eat, bless him.

Off for a walk in the breeze before the evening sunset, and probably another storm, from the feel of the humidity, oh joy, no power again.

No comments:

Post a Comment