Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Kovalam - Day 2

After asking around last night, I found a small room near the beach (the paths in the dark are very dodgy, walking back last night through the village was authentic but scary, as the men cut down coconuts around me for the family supper and the wildlife bit my feet to pieces…..I have fed the mossies here well and truly!
So this morning I left my smoke filled room, waved goodbye to the family (sweet but totally unintelligible) and moved to a small little place with a balcony over a shop.
It’s the first time I’ve braved a true ‘room’ rather than a guesthouse, but the chap who runs it lives nearby and the shopkeepers seem friendly –the woman who was here yesterday gave them a glowing review, and she was also my age and English, so I’m taking her word for it-she left me a kind note in the room, with a hand made bracelet, bless her.
I’m sitting in an internet cafĂ©, run, also as usual, by Tibetans, post lunch-the portions here are huge, but they do ‘doggie bags’!! My Canadian friends told me to ask for a parcel, and sure enough, the rest is put into foil container….what a find.
Though I prefer the spicy egg pastries for 10 rupees from the stalls, personally….the days here really do revolve around food……
I’m planning to base myself here for my last week, and visit the city etc…..time here is an odd concept, it either stands still or it disappears, so whatever I decide today may have no bearing on tomorrow…………………watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment